Friday, March 31, 2006

On Oprah

Yesterday I tuned into a PRWeb sponsored teleseminar featuring Annie Jennings, a Public Relations expert who's currently promoting her consulting services about 'How To Get Booked On Oprah.' Annie's guest happened to be a former producer on the Oprah Show. The session prompted me to pause a moment and reflect on why I really chose to tune-in on Annie's teleseminar. It's pretty simple, I've come to expect the best from Oprah because that's what she and her team deliver. Who wouldn't want to (1) share their best with the best and (2) share it with others who may in turn be inspired because they watch the show. Today I met with a filmmaker client who had made a notation on a draft publicity strategy I'd put together for her. On the client goals section she'd written "Oprah." I grinned and shared the vision I'd had while driving over the San Francisco Bay Bridge on my way to meet her: I'd clearly seen her, the film's cinematographer and co-director, and a few key cast members onstage with Oprah laughing and sharing their experiences. They were on the show because it's a best-in-class documentary that reasonated with the team at Oprah who knew it would do the same with everyone who watches the show. Dreaming Out Loud!

No comments: