Sunday, January 27, 2008

Diablo Cody in "The First Church Of Harpo"


I was reading through the latest script written by one of my clients in early January, and kept thinking about Diablo Cody's script for "Juno"---figuring that Cody would definitely end up with noms throughout the awards season.

Cody previously blogged on "blogger" and has now moved over to My Space. She's been appearing all over network shows from Letterman to Oprah. Cody shares that appearing in "the First Church of Harpo" was "peyote-weird"--since I have a day job, I missed Cody's "O-gasm" experience with Juno cast members. But the fact remains, appearing with "O" sells movie tickets, books, and presidential candidates.

And when I did return my client's script, I also sent a copy of "Juno"---I figure that it helps to read screenplays that work and get a feel for why they do---character, language, storytelling.

No comments: